- July - Email agency to inquire about Honduran adoption program.
- November - Attend information meeting for agency. Talk with president about HO program who directs us to the new ES program.
- December - Contact agency to inquire about becoming a "test family" for ES program. One remaining slot exists.
- January - Application approved. Process officially begins.
- March - Homestudy complete.
- June - Dossier sent to ES.
- July - OPA (Office of Adoptions) requests additional documents to be added to our dossier. (Which means they are looking at it!)
- November - Agency states that the youngest children available are 1 years old.
- January - Our dossier is approved for adoption by the OPA and is on the desk of those who make referrals.
- February - Drew signs us up for Ethiopia info meeting.
- April - Are told by our ES lawyer that we need to be more specific with our child request. Told we are "next in line" but that children under age of 2 are not available.
- July - Request approval to pursue a concurrent adoption. We are denied.
- September - Renew USCIS forms. Update approval to include 2 children.
- September - Receive call from private ES contact with info about our case.
- October - Receive agency email updating the process time (previously 12 months) to 12-18 months. We are currently at 22 months.
- January - ES program families are given opportunity to leave the ES program and transfer to another in-house program.
- February - Begin emailing with native ES NGO adoption worker about the state of adoptions in his country.
- February - Agency finally opens up opportunity for ES families to pursue concurrent adoptions.
- March - Agency states that children available for adoption are 7-10 years old.
- August - Approved to pursue a concurrent adoption.
- February - Renew homestudy.
- February 2008-June 2009 - Communicate with well over 29 agencies about concurrent adoptions, waiting children, etc. Pursue 4 different adoption opportunities.
- April - Email IAG. They are willing to work on concurrent.
- June - Receive information about twin boys in Ethiopia.
- At 6 year mark, we officially withdraw from ES program.